7 Annoying Things Clients Do to Makeup Artists
6 Beauty Horror Stories That Will Make You Rethink Everything
"My eyebrows peeled off."
It is truly the age of the face mask. Most of us don't think twice about throwing a soothing sheet on our skin or slathering on a peel-mask for a mini stint of Me Time. One twitter user had the unfortunate experience of either using the wrong mask, using it for too long, or more than likely a combination of both. When it was time to peel off the mask, her brows came with.
"A facial ravaged my skin."
File this under Skincare Nightmares. Juli, Beauty blogger of BunBun Makeup Tips, took to her blog to give warning of how a seemingly relaxing facial turned into one of the most difficult times of her life. It all started great: Immediately after getting the facial, Juli was happy with the way her skin looked. Two days later, her face began to break out profusely in areas that had never previously been problems. (Eek!) She contacted the salon. They assured her it was a result of extremely sensitive skin and that an extraction would solve the problem for good. It didn't. The pustules continued to get worse and after a second extraction Juli's face was almost entirely covered by small, angry pimples. She was forced to wear a mask and patiently wait for her skin to return to normal. Needless to say, there was extreme amounts of emotional and physical pain.
"My hair just burnt off."
This horror story is like that classic, campfire ghost tale you've heard before but still always gives you chills. Youtube user Tori Locklear thought she was making a routine hair tutorial about curling hair, boy was she wrong. When releasing her hair from the wand to debut the finished look, she found the strand melted on the curling iron. If you ever needed a reason to turn down the heat, refer to this perennial horror story.
"A makeup brush paralyzed me."
When it comes to makeup brushes sharing is NOT caring. An aggressive staphylococcus infection attacked Australian mother Jo Gilchrist's spine and eventually rendered her completely paralyzed. She believes she contracted the infection after using her friend's makeup brush, who was then suffering from a staph infection on her face. She described her pain as a "dull ache" in the beginning that ended in a total loss of feeling in her legs and lower body. "I literally thought I was going to die," she toldThe Daily Mail Australia. Moral of the story: keep your enemies close and your makeup brushes closer.
"Hair extensions left a hole in my head."
Of all the things to be afraid of, we never thought one of them would be hair extensions. After all, they'resupposedto make your life easier. But London resident Tina Campbell paid a serious price for beauty after bad hair extensions left her with a hole in her head and in bandages on her 29th birthday. After having the hair for a few weeks, boils formed—which eventually burst open and required medical attention. "I told the doctor to shave it all off," Tina toldThe Daily Mail."Thankfully, it didn't come to that." Doctors concluded that contaminated needles used to sew the hair in were to blame for the swelling. Tina also developed boils in other places later on, including one that had to be removed from her spine.
"A Brazilian wax gave me an STI."
After a (seemingly gruesome) Brazilian wax, Maddie Rubin wrote inCosmopolitanthat she began noticing small bumps on her bikini line. A visit to her gyno put her at ease, as she was assured it was not herpes, but rather a common infection. However, the internet (AKA fear-inducer) reignited her anxiety when she realized this "common infection" is not only highly contagious, but extremely difficult to cure; one woman noted she'd been suffering for four years. Maddie frantically made an appointment with a dermatologist who dropped a bomb—she had seen this before and double-dipping estheticians were to blame. Of course, Maddie was unsuccessful in convincing the salon it had anything to do with them (they not-so-subtly tried to slut-shame her), but there is comfort in the knowledge that this "gift" stops giving once it's finally gone.
Video: 10 Plastic Surgery Horror Stories
40 of supermarket packaging not recyclable
Finding The Courage To Look For Love
7Unusual Life-Changing Experiments WeLearned From the Internet
Get 25 more from your bench press
4 Ways To Firm Your Butt Using A Foam Roller
How to Kill Leaf Footed Bugs
How to Become a Philanthropist
Sleep Apnea May Boost Odds of Irregular Heartbeat
How to Trim a Bonsai
How to prevent post-workout breakouts
How To Wash Your Face Properly – 6 Simple Steps
Top health benefits of drinking beer