Sandwich Fillings (Vegan/Plant-based) | JessBeautician
Avocado with dried tomato, white onion and aubergine
A truly impressive canapé recipe to tantalise the taste buds
For the vegetable purées:
• 1 aubergine
• 2 avocados
• 2 white onions
• 5 plum tomatoes
• vegetable stock
• gelatine leaves
• olive oil
• salt and pepper
For the scrambled eggs:
• 5 eggs
• 100g cream
• extra virgin olive oil
For the olives:
• 12 stoned olives
• 12 cubes dried tomato
• tempura batter
1) To make the purée, cut the aubergine in half lengthways and sprinkle the flesh with olive oil, salt and pepper. Then wrap in aluminium foil and cook in the oven at 160°C for 25 minutes.
2) Scoop out the the flesh of the cooked aubergine to obtain an empty case. Whizz the warm flesh in a food processor together with a soaked gelatine leaf.
3) Dissolve a soaked gelatine leaf in 40g vegetable stock and then whizz quickly together with the avocado in a food processor. Peel the onions, slice into fine rings and cook over a low heat with salt and vegetable stock.
4) When the onion is well cooked, transfer it to the food processor together with a soaked gelatine leaf to achieve a smooth result. Skin the tomato, divide into four and de-seed. Place the tomato onto a board, rub it with olive oil, sprinkle with salt and then allow to dry in the oven at 120°C.
5) Cut this tomato into cubes and put 12 aside to stuff the olives; season the rest with vegetable stock and soaked gelatine. Build up the glass with the soft purées. Allow each purée to set in the refrigerator before adding the following.
6) Mix the eggs with the cream and cook over a low heat. During cooking, keep stirring continuously with a whisk to achieve a smooth result.
7) Remove from the heat and adjust the seasoning with the olive oil, salt and pepper. Serve the scrambled eggs hot on top of the vegetable purées. Stuff the olives with the diced tomatoes and, just before serving, coat them in tempura batter and deep-fry in oil at 180°C.
8) Thoroughly drain the olives on kitchen paper, thread them onto a cocktail stick and stick into the scrambled eggs.
Video: Tomato-Avocado Toasts- Martha Stewart
Brabus Unleash Their Most Powerful G-Wagen Ever
Tucked into an Auckland Hillside: Okura House by Bossley Architects
Chicken Cutlets With Grape-Shallot Sauce
Hanro Basics Range
How to Read a Binary Clock
Detox Foods: The Ones You Need To Know About
5 LOW-CAL WORK DAY MENUS
California Could Become the First State to Ban Puppy Mills
Should I Buy It Online
How to Live Overseas As an American
Elegant Aari Work blouse designs
60 Coca Cola Tattoo Ideas For Men – Beverage Designs
Chronic Pancreatitis: Symptoms, Causes, and Diagnosis