How to Make: Giblet Gravy
May 14, 2008
Advertisement - Continue Reading Below
Prep Time: 0 hours 5
giblets and neck from turkey
2 tbsp. olive oil
2 tbsp. butter
2 tbsp. flour
salt and ground pepper
- Rinse giblets and turkey neck; pat dry.
- In a large saucepan, heat olive oil over medium-high heat for 2 minutes. Add giblets, turkey neck, onions and garlic. Cook until giblets are browned, 5 to 7 minutes per side.
- Pour in about 1/2 cup of broth; scrape up brown bits from bottom of pan. Add remaining broth and bay leaf, reduce heat to low and let simmer for 1 hour.
- Remove giblets and turkey neck. Remove meat from neck; chop with giblets and set aside. Strain broth and discard vegetables and bay leaf. Reserve broth.
- Melt butter in same saucepan. Sprinkle in flour and stir about 1 minute to form a roux (it will look like a paste). Add broth a little at a time, stirring as you go. Once broth is fully combined, add chopped giblets and meat; season with salt and pepper. Mixture will thicken in about 3 to 5 minutes to gravy consistency. Turn off heat. Keep on stove top. Warm over low heat when ready to serve.
Video: Southern Giblet Gravy Recipe - It's Just Not Thanksgiving Without It! :)
Allergy Tests for a Better Asthma Diagnosis
How to Get Rid of Warts on Hands
How to Create a Convincing Character For Your Story
Stop Telling Asian Women Who toDate
The Surprising Food That Can Help You Drop a Dress Size
Ways To Get Rid Of Skin Spots Naturally in Hindi
27 Best Pompadour Haircuts Hairstyles for Men
Brand Profile: Ten-C Outerwear
6 Things Your Eczema Is Trying To Tell You
How to Be a Slacker Mom
Lady Gaga Invites You to Be in Her New Movie A Star Is Born
Date: 06.12.2018, 14:35 / Views: 95585