Aarush 1st Birthday Celebrations Teaser
How to Celebrate a First Birthday Without a Party
A first birthday is one of the most memorable days for parents when celebrating their child, but is also prone to being overdone for that same reason. Rather than splurging for a party that your friends will enjoy more than your baby, consider having a small, special event planned for the day. Visit somewhere your whole family can have fun at, while also sprinkling in small celebrations of food and gift giving that can serve as great photo opportunities for chronicling the day for years to come.
Having a Celebratory Outing
Take your baby to the park so the whole family can have fun.Going to the park is a nice choice for your entire family, since everyone who comes along can find something of their own to do, even your big birthday star.
- As if going to the park isn’t exciting enough already for a baby, this is a good time to give them a small toy they could immediately play with, such as a shovel and pail, a bouncy ball, or bubbles.
- Consider having your birthday meal here as a picnic if the weather is nice. Vegetables and fruit such as apples, carrots, and celery are good choices with dips such as ranch or peanut butter. To prevent having to worry about food going cold, bring sandwiches and other chilled foods like coleslaw, potato, egg, or macaroni salads. Don’t forget to bring along the baby’s food too!
Have an outing to the zoo or another special place.If you still want to do something memorable for the day of, going to the zoo is engaging not only for your baby, but the rest of your family. Getting a first birthday picture with some animals in the background or netting a souvenir for your baby such as a stuffed animal or commemorative blanket will make for great memories.
- Have a meal out somewhere to prevent having to scramble to make one when you get home. You don’t have to go anywhere fancy, the guest of honor won’t complain since they’ll have their own food to eat, and even a fast food place might work well in a pinch to appease the other kids.
Check on indoor activities you can take part in.If you live near a big city, take your family downtown for the day. See if it has a children’s museum you can visit, or other youth activity centers. There might even be some child-friendly plays, concerts, or other performances going on around your baby’s birthday.
- If you don’t live near a big city, check your local movie theater to see if it’s doing any screenings catered for children. These often allow for kids to make noise, move around, and come and go out of the theater without the risk of disturbing others. These work especially well with families of young children.
Take them to the local pool or beach.Babies just turning 1 love to play around water. Have them splash around in the kiddie pool, or walk around in the water with them in your arms. You could also carefully help them to float in the shallow end of the water, or build sand castles at the beach.
- Some good gift ideas to give your baby here would be a shovel and pail, a sand molder, or splash balls they can play with in the water.
- Foods you can bring to snack on at the beach are guacamole and chips, hummus, and fruit salad. For something more substantial, pre-made chicken and vegetable kebabs, or wraps are easy to serve and eat.
- Make sure to keep a watchful eye on your child. Give them water wings when they swim, and never take them in deeper water. Apply sunscreen on them to protect their sensitive skin.
Celebrating at Home
Plan a meal with just your immediate family.Managing things won’t be harder than it is any other day, and your baby will be surrounded by those who actually want to be there for them, and not just adults coming for a party. If you have relatives close to your baby who live nearby, such as grandparents, aunts and uncles, godparents, etc., decide if you would also like to have them over to help celebrate your baby’s first birthday.
- Make a meal that’s special for the members of your family who can enjoy it, since your baby will most likely be having their own food to eat. They won’t mind either way, and your family will be more likely to remember the day fondly.
Give your baby extra attention and interaction.It’s their very first special day, so help them feel loved by showering them with affection. Even if you’re just chilling at home, offer to play games with them. If they have favorites, go to those, or consider stuff like exploring with them in the backyard, playing with bubbles, or peekaboo.
- Play a movie in the background to help keep your baby’s attention during moments of downtime.
Have a simple playdate.If your baby already has friends, have a playdate. It's just like any other playdate to them - and, with the exception of the cause, for everyone else as well.
- If your friends or family members have babies about the same age as yours, invite them over for a simple get-together. You don’t need to decorate or plan party events; just provide some tea or coffee for parents and some fruit or other simple snacks for the kids. Avoid any extra stress.
Let your whole family help celebrate.If you have other kids, have them get involved in planning their younger sibling’s big first day. You could have them prepare snacks, clean the dining room, or set the table.
- Without a party, have them write up their own guest list, which could include staple guests like the family pets, their stuffed animals, or maybe another relative who lives with you or nearby.
Making the Day Memorable
Dress your baby up in a cute outfit.Whether it’s a new sundress or an animal-themed onesie, put them in something aww-inducing for when you show the photos of their first birthday to everyone.
- If it’s a nice piece of clothing, put a bib on them or change them into something else before feeding them.
Take pictures to remember the day.They may not remember what’s going to happen, but you’ll want to commemorate the occasion of their first birthday for future memories. You can also consider hiring a professional photographer to take candid pictures of your baby.
- If you’re not having friends or family over, be sure to send them the pictures you take to make up for the lack of a party.
Give them a treat to eat and smash.If your baby already has a favorite something, let them have it, but chances are they won’t complain with a slice of grocery store cake or frosted cupcake. Something crumbly makes a great first birthday dessert for your baby, and they may even love the taste as much as they do playing with it in their hands. For a healthier choice, you can substitute out a cupcake for something like a whole grain muffin with icing on it.
- Here’s the chance to take the classic first birthday cake smashing picture. Set them in their high chair and a give them a bib for the traditional look. Be sure to capture how much frosting they get on their face and fingers for good material to show their future dates.
Wrap their gifts in crinkly wrapping paper.Babies love stimulation and working with their hands. Although they may not be able to appreciate the gift itself (until mom or dad puts it together, that is!), they’ll have a great time making a mess of ripping that noisy paper off the box and getting it everywhere.
- Give them anywhere from 3-5 gifts to unwrap, or have enough gifts for each person attending to personally hand one to your baby. This way everybody gets to have a special moment watching them unwrap a gift they gave them, and your baby will go nuts with all the positive attention from others and the sensory stimulation from the wrapping paper.
- Babies are prone to sticking things in their mouths, so be careful they don’t try to eat any wrapping paper.
- Have them take their naps at the same time. Rather than have them be cranky during other events, just have them take their nap(s) when they normally should.
- If your baby already has a good amount of toys, consider giving a gift such as funds for their education, or savings to hold a big birthday when they’re older.
Video: Khwaish 1st Birthday Cinematic Video
6 Things We Learned From American Horror Story: Roanoke Episode 9
How to Cosplay As Meg from Disneys Hercules
Satanic sex cult leader guilty of child rape
How to Take the Battery Out of a Samsung Galaxy Tablet
How to Open Your Heart
The Right Shoes To Wear With Shorts
How to Apply Testosterone Cream
The 3 Little Words Thatll Turn Even The Worst Situation Into a Good Memory
Find Out How You Can Score This Sephora Beauty Kit For Free