Lakeland, the photos of lakeland florida largest city in Polk County, is home to the largest one-site collection of Frank Lloyd Wright architecture in the world at Florida Southern College, Circle B Bar Reserve, Detroit Tigers Spring Training, and Safari Wilderness.
Located just off of Interstate 4, between Tampa and Orlando, Lakeland offers visitors many things to do. Enjoy shopping at the many boutiques in the Dixieland Historic District as well as the Downtown area, and eat like a local at our numerous locally owned restaurants. If you prefer to stay, dine and shop in the same area, may be the perfect spot for you. Numerous onsite hotels are within walking distance to restaurants and shops.
While you’re in town, be sure to feed the swans at Lake Morton and tour some of Lakeland’s most notable structures, including,,, and - designed by world renowned Spanish architect Santiago Calatrava.
Here’s to hoping you get a few ideas for things to do in Lakeland on your upcoming trip.
Our Top 20 Things To Do in Lakeland
- See a movie at the historic.
- Visit the museums:, and the at Florida Southern College.
- Experience local culture, beauty, and architecture when you tour Lakeland on a bicycle from Swan City Cycles.
- Pile into the car and enjoy a first-run movie at the Silver Moon Drive-In Theatre. Be sure to visit the nostalgically decorated refreshment center where you’ll find photos of drive-in theatres from days gone by.
- Visit the on Saturday.
- Explore the antique and vintage shops: Lloyds of Lakeland Antiques, Vintage Warehouse, Vern’s Antique Mall & Art Gallery, Dixieland Relics, Pumpernack’s, and.
- Stroll down the Frances Langford Promenade and through, a botanic garden set in a neo-classical architectural setting with patterned flower beds, public art and fountains.
- See a show at, Lakeland Community Theatre, or Imperial Symphony Orchestra.
- Eat breakfast, lunch or dinner at Reececliff Family Diner, Lakeland’s longest running restaurant.
- Sample food from 20+ food trucks during the.
- Visit Florida Southern College and tour the world’s largest one-site collection of.
- Enjoy a cup of coffee at, Mitchell’s Coffee House or
- People watch along Kentucky Avenue while dining at Fresco’s Bakery & Bistro, Harry’s Seafood Bar & Grill, Palace Pizza or The Chop Shop.
- Check out the craft beer breweries: ,, and.
- Go on a wildlife safari by vehicle or camelback at.
- Find out why USA Today Travel recognized as one of the 51 Great Places to See Wildlife in 2011. Hint: lots, and lots, and LOTS of alligators, ducks, birds, bald eagles, and butterflies.
- Take in a baseball game during season or. The Tigers have called Lakeland home every February-March since 1934.
- Eat at some of our Local Favorites:, Café Zuppina, Gosh! Asian Bistro and Sushi, Fat Jack’s Deli, Scarpa’s Italian, Mister Fish, Texas Cattle Company, Jimbo’s Pit Bar B-Q, Purple Onion Deli and Grill, and Tapatios Restaurante Mexican.
- Hike through pine forests, cypress domes and open pastures in the Green Swamp Wilderness Area at.
- Shop, eat, drink and enjoy live entertainment at , which plays host to The Poor Porker (fresh beignets), The Corner Store (healthy food options) and The Ruins Bar.
The can provide additional information about the area.
Color vs black and white photography
Photo slideshow with own music
Photos of snowman the horse
Make a photo into a movie poster
Fotograf uzerine yazi yazma
Photography studio hire nottingham
Photos of the beach and ocean